Thank you again for all your help coordinating with the band. As mentioned in my previous email, we are thrilled with Unity. We felt Dave really understood the vibe we were going for based on one conversation with him, which we really appreciated. He asked good questions and really listened to our vision. Our friends continue to comment on the Band as one of the highlights of the evening. We only wish we could do it again!!
Please find below some specific feedback and let me know if you’d like anything more.
- Set up – Band was on time and well prepared; they were also extremely friendly in introducing themselves to us and conveying their excitement to be there.
- Ceremony – Keyboardist played the requested songs and set the right tone.
- Cocktail Hour – Guitar player played a perfect variety of songs and at the appropriate volume for people to mingle
Dinner – Sound equipment was set up without a hitch. They also coordinated well with the event planner on timing of introductions, toasts, cake cutting etc. It was a huge help to have them guide the overall timing.
- First Dances – there was a slight mix up in order but this was a non-issue for Abby and me – their version of Higher Love was perfect.
- Set list 1 & 2 – A real good variety and executed on what we asked – provide energy for a dance party. This was the first wedding we’ve been to, where the crowd boo’ed, when they played their only slow song. 🙂 We also appreciated that the band break was quick and appropriately times.
- Crushed Dynamite – same song that we walked back down the aisle to (from the keyboardist).
- Strong start to Set list 2 with Shake it Off (only song that was requested other than first dances).
- The sax player coming into the crowd was awesome and blurred the line between band and guest – we were all friends just having a good time.
- Everyone keeps mentioning the strength of the female vocalist in particular.
- Finale – brought the house down with Your Love – The Outfield.
- It was very much appreciated that you all connected directly with Evelyn at the venue as it took away some stress out of the process for us.
Lastly, Unity (as stated in point #1) did a great job of being one with the party and were extremely excited to be there – it looked like they were having fun too!